When a partner’s sperm is not able to fertilize the egg and shows serious pathology following special andrology testing, the solution of sperm donation in Greece is ideal.
The use of sperm donation in Greece is indicated in the following cases:
- The partner’s sperm is not able to fertilize the egg and shows serious pathology following special andrology testing.
- The partner has been diagnosed with complete azoospermia (non‐obstructive type) and retrieval of sperm via testicular biopsy was either unsuccessful or is not an indicated medical alternative.
- There is a high risk of transmitting a genetic disease and the preimplantation diagnosis cannot be accurate.
- The partner has undergone sperm duct ligation (vasectomy).
- The couple has had multiple unsuccessful medically assisted reproduction attempts due to low-quality sperm.